The future Mrs. Smith :)

Welcome to My Blog!

A very inspirational pick-me-up for the day, and days to come...:)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!"
~Jeremiah 29:11


This verse is what has gotten me out of ruts, broke down doors, and made answers to life decisions appear out of the blue. It is my positive piece of scripture that God has shared with me many millions of times, and thankfully many more times to come! :)

New Beginnings :)

New Beginnings :)
now its an official promise with the love of my life!!! :)

"I think our love can do anything we want it to.."

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Getting Prepared for the rest of our lives....:)

SOOOOO I apologize for the time that has passed since I last blogged. These past 6 weeks of my life have been amazing, unique, and sooooo ultimately exciting I can't help but smile while I am typing right now!!!! I experienced my first plane ride and trip overseas the week after I finished my jr year at Berry, through fulfillment of a life long dream of mine.....going to ITALY!!! I stayed for 2 weeks, and it was truely life changing. It opened my eyes to history, culture, and a different way of looking at life. The Italian culture is so happy and stress free that it truely makes an American look down on such an industrial and fast paced lifestyle that soo many of us lead. In the words of a nice Italian I met, "you Americans are so stressed you have shakey hands, shakey hands!!! Enjoy what is around you, and take advantage of happy good things in your life!" WOW was my reaction when I heard that...truer words were never spoken. I feel sooo beyond blessed that I was given the opportunity for this trip. If Levi would have only been there with me to experience it as well, I'd say it was perfecto!!! :)

The day after I got back from Italy, my darlin and I met the attorneys and Mr. Carter at the bank, (the former owner of OUR house!) and we signed the contracts and numerous fancied up documents that basically stated...WE ARE OFFICIAL HOMEOWNERS!!!!! OMG!!!!!! That was such an amazing experience that we were able to enjoy together, and as I held the keys to our house, we just smiled and thanked God over and over for sending us eachother and allowing sooo many blessings and opportunities to constantly come our way. We have already been at our house doing yard work, and let me tell you, Levi looooves working in our yard!!!! He does such a great job, and laid back me finds great laughter and enjoyment working with him in the yard...we are truely a modern version of green acres! :) We have so much fun together, and I just cant wait to get inside the house and get to work. Carter will officially be moved out by the end of this month, and hopefully by then the Marine Core will have a date for Levi's August drill and we can set a date!!!!

BY THE WAY.....please keep us in your prayers as much as possible, because Levi was informed this past weekend drill that he may not have to go to complete his 6 week training in Alabama, but rather he may be able to complete 2 weeks here at the Rome unit instead due to financial situations, and his prior MOS training in North Carolina. This would soooo amazing and such a blessing, if it is God's will. We are both praying constantly that it is!!!! :)

We are now officially registered at JC penney, Wal-mart, and Target!!! We are soo excited about registering, and any and all contributions are most appreciated. Believe you me, as a young couple starting out, we are just happy to be together in 4 walls on 2.05 acres that we can call our own!!! :) They have the registry counteres in each store that can print off our registry list, and then it has a barcode that you have scanned when you make a purchase off of it. This allows the computer to check off what has already been purchased. Some of you may be aware of this, but this is all new ground for me! And it is beyond exciting!

Please keep us in your prayers, and I will try to be more tactful about blogging and keeping updates during this amazing and oh so fabulous time in our lives!!! :) Have a great day!

1 comment:

Leah-Joy said...

I LOVE THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

It is SOO CUTE!!

You and Levi will be in our prayers!!
Hope to see you soon and I am glad that you were able to fulfill a life long dream!!