The future Mrs. Smith :)

Welcome to My Blog!

A very inspirational pick-me-up for the day, and days to come...:)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!"
~Jeremiah 29:11


This verse is what has gotten me out of ruts, broke down doors, and made answers to life decisions appear out of the blue. It is my positive piece of scripture that God has shared with me many millions of times, and thankfully many more times to come! :)

New Beginnings :)

New Beginnings :)
now its an official promise with the love of my life!!! :)

"I think our love can do anything we want it to.."

Friday, January 4, 2008

A prayer for my best friend~Friday January 4, 2008


Tonight I made a phone call to one of my dearest friends, and perhaps my most inspirational influence in my life-Scott. He is an amazing person with a heart that could fill the entire universe with love. I love him sooo much, and he is going to be the ring bearer in mine and levi's wedding! It is because of his friendship and his gifted indescribable spirit that have led me to the education profession. Meeting Scott is truely an incredible life experience.
His voiced dropped when he picked up the phone, and when i asked him was he okay, he replied, "Im really sad, my mom has cancer." My heart dropped, and I could feel tears fill up my eyes, but I didn't dare want to make the situation any more difficult on him.
Long story short, his mom had felt a soreness in her throat, and when taking Scott to an ear checkup at Emory, they biopsied the growth. It was indeed melanoma cancer. His mom is such a strong willed and tough woman, that when she talked with me on the phone, I could hear her sense of strength and emotion beginning to turn to fear and worry. All i could do was listen, and reassure her that prayers will be sent her way. So PLEASE anyone who reads this, please prayer for Scott and Bonnie whenever you think about it, and please spread the word to others. Scott will be leaving in a week to start college in Warm Springs, a place that allows exceptional children like him to learn how to drive, live on their own, and function to their highest degree of potential in society. They are wonderful people, who are in desperate need of prayer...
*This really made me think about the day to day worries we all have....a walk in other's shoes makes us realize that forgetting to mail that letter, or forgetting to make that deadline really aren't that big of deals.*

3 comments:

Noel said...

I will be praying for them both!

Jenny said...

Britt,
Bonnie and Scott are in my prayers! And so are you!!
Jenny

Deborah said...

We will be praying for Scott to have a great college success, and we will also pray for Scott's Mom.

I pray that your friendship with Scott will help him through this tough time...you must be an inspiration to him, too.

Love you!
Deboo